Monday, March 28, 2011

The Tupperware is Taking Over!





Day 80

Monday, March 28, 2011


I did something really smart today that took about an hour and 15 minutes. I also did something really dumb today that only took about 10 minutes.

I did one more smart thing that took an hour, but that was just my cardio: 60 minutes on the StairMaster while reading chapter 15 in my accounting book on leases. Apparently, we’ll be starting off with that topic in 343 tomorrow. I created a ittle assembly line factor in my kitchen late this morning and produced 4 each of 3 different +/- 200 cal good macro ratio meals. There’s the Isernio’s Italian Chicken Sausage with Swiss chard, onion, and sweet potato one, the sirloin steak (only 2.3 ounces) brown rice and balsamic spinach one, and the seasoned chicken breast with baby carrots, steamed and chilled al dent green beans, and bell pepper one.

Stats as follows:

3 oz. Isernio’s Italian Chicken Sausage + ½ cup sweet potato + 1 cup Swiss chard

237.2 kcals 22.7 grams Protein 25.8 grams Carbs 4.8 grams Fat

2.5 oz. sirloin steak + ¼ cup brown rice + 1 cup spinach steamed with balsamic and ponzu

197.2 kcals 22 grams Protein 18.3 grams Carb 4 grams Fat

4 oz. chicken breast baked with spices + ½ red bell pepper+ ¾ cup green beans + ½ cup baby carrots

193.8 kcals 29.2 grams Protein 15.2 grams carbs 1.8 grams fat

Sweet stats huh?

My elaborate plot is to get through the week (through Friday that is) my packing tow of those a day plus a 3rd meal, likely a pack of almonds and some veg, a Think Thin bar, or a protein shake. I eat breakfast at home, pack my 3 meals to campus, DO NOT buy any food on campus, come home for dinner and a bedtime snack and there ya go: my 6 daily meals. Once I hit the two week mark I intend to get even more regimented. As in basically eat the exact same thing every day. A lot of competitors d that and it keeps life simple. You know what you’re getting, no surprises o temptations and the tracking gets very simple.

So what stupid thing did I do today?

We hit Gold’s late today: 4:45 – 6:25 pm. I put in a solid hour on the StairMaster coming in at 5.5 miles, 567 cals burned and 264 floors climbed. The stats would have been higher, but I was reading a chapter in my acct text. Why? School starts again tomorrow :(

On the way home I needed to be quick about C’s dinner and he had had a small appetite all day so I needed to pack him full of calories expediently (He’s a tiny guy with a long story behind that – had extensive medical testing when he was younger – never found any underlying conditions, but he is still a challenge to put weight on. In short, his caloric needs are my polar opposite.) Answer? Taco Bell. He said he wanted a taco. We discussed it en route. Chicken or beef? He said chicken. Crunchy or soft like a tortilla? He said crunchy, but then decided he wanted a tortilla too. That’s when the stupidity started. I decided I’d get him the taco and a quesadilla too. When we got there I ordered him the supreme chicken crunchy taco, a beef chalupa, and a side of nachos supreme. We headed home with the goods and at a red light I snagged a bite of the chalupa. He declared from the backseat, “Hey! That’s mine.” So I passed it back and he actually ate most of it in the less than 5 minutes to get home. That was totally awesome because my kiddo is impossible to get to eat enough quite often. He frequently will turn down ice-cream, hot coca, hot dogs….cheeseburgers are a 50/50 shot. When we got home I got out one of my chicken sausage, kale, and sweet potato tupperwares to eat, but the nachos were looking at me. C had slowed down and was picking at those and his taco. It’s not Lay’s, it’s Taco Bell You can’t eat just one! Yeah, I ate half the nacho order. Thank goodness I didn’t get him the really jacked up version that is 770 cals. This version was 440 cals, 24 grams of fat, 12 grams protein, and 42 grams carbs. I ate half of that and included it in my cal tally and macro counts for the day. I admit it when I cheat, not proudly, but openly anyways. I also stole 2 bites of chicken taco and the afore mentioned single chalupa bite, but I am not quite neurotic enough to run numbers on those =) The odd thing is it actually did not come even close to wrecking my cal tally or macro count, but I will not be doing that again despite that. It isn’t just about cals and macros, the food is supposed to be clean food and uh, Taco Bell nachos supreme does not exactly fall under that category, haha.

Today’s total workout was just the 60 min of cardio plus 40 minutes spent on Triceps and Abs. A shorty session, feels like a rest day really. I wanted to mainly focus on my shorty today, I’m just not feeling ready at all to send him back to preschool 40/hrs a week starting tomorrow morning. I lack a choice, but in dreamland I’d be a stay at home mom who doesn’t actually stay at home, but spends like 4 hours a day at the gym where her kiddo also happens to love going. Fall quarter, and sporadically in winter quarter C had the best guilt trip ever to lay on me in the car leaving home in the morning. He would say in his upset voice, “I don’t want to go to school; I want to go to the gym!” He seriously broke my heart with that one, especially in combination with hard drop-offs. He is much more settled in at his preschool now though and has friends he talks about a lot outside of school and looks forward to seeing and his teacher too. I can still emphasize with his complaint though; I’d also rather go to the gym!

Macro Totals

158.2 grams Protein 175.3 grams Carbs 63.4 grams Fat

Cal Tally


1,884.6 Ingested
(1,448) BMR
(723) Training
(286.4) Net Loss =) Despite Thinking Outside The Bun…

No comments:

Post a Comment