Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Leaning out on Cake Batter Mmmmmm






Day 67

Tuesday, March 15, 2011


Winter quarter is officially OVER!!! It hasn’t sunk in yet, tomorrow morning it will. I get to spend the next 2 of my last 4.5 weeks leading up to the Emerald Cup just focusing on my son and mass gym time. Woohoo! =)

Zero training took place today, just 2 last final exams. I was also supposed to go to ASWA tonight, but didn’t. I’m beat. Tomorrow I’ll be getting up and heading straight to the gym to train back and do cardio. I may throw biceps and shoulders in there too. I ate basically perfectly today and I’m proud of it. Chicken, carrots, bell peppers, cucumbers, arugula, tomatoes, shrimps, oatmeal, 3 protein shakes, a handful of nuts and green olives for healthy fats. That about sums up the day. I also finally made it over to bodybuilding.com to research my macro ratios and it turns out I was about spot on today. Based on my body weight and training intent I should be taking in about 172 grams protein, 125 grams carbs, and 69 grams fat daily.

Today my totals were 177 grams protein, 116 grams carbs, and 44 grams fat. Considering I didn’t train today that’s just about spot on. I think from here on out I’m just going to compare my gram counts to the targets set in the above paragraph rather than running % ratios. One less thing to make myself crazy with =)

So as you may have gathered the pics are my unfinished competition posing suit. My designer, Amy (check her out at suitsbyamy.com), sends it out for my fitting before applying the Swarvoski Crystal design pattern to make sure the fit is just right. I had a friend help pin the straps to fit so that they’re just right when I’m done leaning out. It was fun having my suit and I’m sorry to send it back, but also really excited to have it back for good decked out in gorgeous sparkly crystals =)

The other pic is my humungous 5 lb tub of Cake Batter! Delivered by UPS just this afternoon. Well Cake Batter flavored whey powder, hehe. It has fantastic stats: 1 scoop has 120 cals, 24 g protein, 3 g carbs, and 1 g fat. Meanwhile my MyoFusion (still love it, just tired of the flavors) has 147 cals, 25 g protein, 5 g carbs, and 3 g fat, but it is made of a mix of casein, whey, and egg albumin proteins so it is a better bedtime choice as the casein is a slower digesting protein to prevent muscle cannibalization during sleep. Anyways, cake batter is yummy. I’m happy it’s here. I had a glass with a side of cerignola olives just now before bed. Sounds odd probably, but not, just the perfect clean cure for the sweet and salty craving!

Night night =)

No comments:

Post a Comment