Monday, January 10, 2011

Taking it to Campus

Day 3

Monday, January 10, 2011

Today was the first day away from home. It’s easier to stay on track away from home because I’m not tempted by additional portions from my kitchen, but you have to prep and pack all your food and there are all those tempting clean eating killers on campus.

6:20 am

30 min Cardio


Elliptical (20 min Fat Burner & 10 min Sprints programs)

What’s up with the 10 minutes? I was being a bum about getting out of bed and really didn’t have time for 30 min, but when 20 was coming to a close I decided that was lame and to tack on 10 more min. We still made it to school on time too, go figure =) I’m a dork about music, when I download a new song I do my best to wear it out. So last night my BFF (I’m too old for that term, but she is, we go back 18 years to the 4th grade ;) Kelly sent me a song she thought I’d like Diddy Coming Home and I swear it accounted for at least 25/30 cardio minutes. Haven’t worn it out though! Sometimes when a song is hitting the spot and I need to push through repeat is the best answer, switching songs can slow down my momentum – and I don’t want that!

7:15 am Shake #1


1 scoop MyoFusion milk chocolate w water (25 g protein)

7:50 am Breakfast

Coffee
½ cup oatmeal (dry measure) cinnamon, 1/3 cup blueberries, splash vanilla soy milk

10 am Munching in Marketing 380

4 oz. chicken breast sliced cold with spices
1 small bunch green grapes
Hot tea no sweetener

12 pm Crunching on the Go & Shake #2

1 cup baby carrots
1 scoop MyoFusion milk chocolate w water (25 g protein)

I love baby carrots and think they’re a great match with the much overused chicken breast, but crunching them in class won’t make you any friends, so I crunched on the go walking to the gym with Hannah (very cool competitive cyclocross athlete / fellow accounting major =) instead.

12:15 pm Wade King Rec Center – 1st Workout here of the Qtr – FINALLY!

15 min Cardio


Running at 5.5 mph 2% incline on the pink cybex treadmill for 15 min

I’m inordinately proud when I do cardio on a treadmill, I find 45 min on an elliptical far easier than 15 treadmill min and the same goes for finding 30 on the StairMaster easier. I used to hate treadmills, but recently I decided to make a point of getting over that. They kick my ass, but that’s a good thing right? ;)

12:30 pm

60 min Weights with my PT Laura

Chest Focus


Today was bench press day and I CAN’T WAIT TO BE SORE TOMORROW!!! (no, really =)
My PT is pretty awesome, she’s a kinesiology major and she loves weights herself and has set a goal of earning her pro card. She competes in the Bikini class and took 2nd place in the 2010 Washington Ironman in her class. So in short, she does a great job of setting up workouts that will get me where I want to be.

Today’s Weights:

1)Bench Press Pyramid

Started with the bar only (45 lbs) x 8 reps
55 lbs x 10 reps
65 lbs x 8 reps
75 lbs x 8 reps (Laura had to assist on the latter part of my last rep, but muscle failure is good, not bad)
65 lbs x 6 reps (I was still dying from the heavy)
55 lbs x 10 reps (powered through)
In between each set I was doing 15 reps of Sitting Leg Hugs (an ab exercise off the end of a bench) & also hanging leg extensions and knee ups.

2)Dumbbell Flies

1 set x 10 reps x 15 lbs
Too light
2 sets x 8 reps x 20 lbs

3)Incline Dumbbell Bench Press

1st set x 10 reps x 15 lbs
Too light
3 more sets x 10 reps x 20 lbs

These were superset with

4)Dumbbell Side Bends 4 sets x 10 reps x 30 lbs

5)Cable Standing Fly

3 sets x 10 reps x 25 lbs per hand

6)Pushups to failure x 2
The best weights wrap up there is!
Toes of course ;)
Round one I 17.5 push-ups to failure
Round two 10.5 push-ups to failure

Which should mean it was a great set today and I’ll be feeling those beloved DOMS come tomorrow morning =)

No time to stretch, a super quick hot shower, and I barely made it to my 2 pm Taxation class on time.

3 pm I’m Starving!

4 oz. chicken breast sliced cold with spices
2 Satsumas
5 Whole Wheat Triscuits (crunching away with abandon mid-class what can I say? ;)

6:30 pm Dinner

1 bowl of that yummy chicken sausage, kale, and white bean stew leftover from last night
5 more Triscuits
1 Satsuma

I survived Charlie’s pizza crusts. Lucky kiddo, sitting right there next to me having big dinosaur bites of his triple cheese pizza. He doesn’t like the edges so I always cut them off before giving him his plate and I usually eat them, nope, not tonight! My stubbornness is in full force with establishing my clean builder diet. We’ll have to go have a Coconut Kenny’s pizza together down the road when I’ve earned a “cheat meal.” Their pizza is sooooooooooo delicious.

9 pm I’m typing this

I REALLY want to go start randomly snacking, but I won’t.
Instead I’m on my third cup of hot tea no sweetener (Celestial Seasonings Mandarin Orange Spice is my tea of choice when sugar and honey are banned – that’s Kelly’s favorite tea too).

This isn’t easy, but I take pleasure in resisting temptation. Lucky personality attribute huh? =)

9:30 pm Shake #3

I’ll be having 1 scoop MyoFusion delicious vanilla with NF milk (32 g protein) and then after more homework day 3 will be done =)

No comments:

Post a Comment