Friday, March 4, 2011

It's the 6 Week Countdown


I was debating it, but I made it a rest day today. I knew it had been awhile so I scrolled back through the blog and discovered that the last day I didn’t log a workout was February 11th. Rest does have merits for training so I behaved and listened to my friends Hannah and Kelly and took the day off. I’m glad I did. I almost canceled it after Charlie went to bed tonight. I got really stressed out about a registration wait list thing that I missed because it went directly to my junk mail causing me to miss the window. I almost did a shoulder / abs / cardio thing tonight at home to de-stress, but I realized that I’m better off to finish my rest day and plan a good workout for tomorrow. After I post this I’m going to plan out the whole week as to what days I’m hitting what muscle groups. It’s time to get deadly serious now. I’ll be on the Emerald Cup stage exactly 6 weeks from today. I was looking at pictures from the Arnold and saw a pic of Ava Cowan, Nicole Wilkins Lee, and Erin Stern doing their front poses comparison. (These women are the big stars in Pro Figure.) I had an aha! moment and ran in my room to the full length mirror and imitated them. I nailed the front pose without hiding my lats yet keeping arms close and my shoulders gorgeously high and sculpted. I’m looking forward to showing Laura come Monday =)

The pic is just the chicken salad I had for lunch. I skipped the dressing that it came with in favor of a splash of balsamic vin and the stats were good, a little carb heavy rom the raisins and cous cous but a delicious meal (300 cals 20 g protein 32 g carbs 12 g fat). You know when kernels of corn and raisins taste decadently sweet that you’re on the right track. Once carrots taste like candy the competition will be almost here.

Day 56

Friday, March 04, 2011


Rest Day (1st one in 3 weeks)

7:45 am Protein

1 scoop vanilla MyoFusion with water and ice in my bullet

8:15 am Breakfast

½ cup oatmeal with 1/3 cup blueberries
Coffee

My coffee no longer has vanilla syrup or dairy in it, rather I mix a few spoons of my vanilla protein shake in.

10 am Snack

Think Thin Bar

12 pm Lunch

Trader Joe’s chicken salad no dressing, splash balsamic vin.

2:15 pm

Think Thin Bar

6:30 pm Dinner

2 cups Turkey & Black Bean Chili I made last night (348 cals, 42 g protein, 21 g carbs, 8 g fat)

9:00 pm Bedtime Snack

1 slice high protein whole grain bread (90 cals 5 g protein 15 g carbs)
With 1 T peanut butter
1 scoop vanilla MyoFusion with water and ice in my bullet

Daily Macro / Cal Tally

165 grams protein 166 (134 if you net and don’t count sugar alcohols) grams carbs 53 grams fat ingested

43% protein / 43% carbs / 14% fat

1,801 Cals Ingested
(1,448) BMR
(0) Rest Day
353 Net Gain

No comments:

Post a Comment