Saturday, March 5, 2011

Killer Legs & Down 13.6 Lbs (total)



Day 57

Saturday, March 5, 2011


Hey look! It’s the scale. I haven’t posted that in a while. I was surprised this morning – I had been expecting to still be holding around 138.5, but nope, I’m now down a total of 13.6 lbs from when I began this blog. My body fat must be going down too because my veins are starting to pop where my thighs meet my hips Adela Garcia style (she’s a record setting very cool Fitness Pro). I’ll be doing the Bod Pod again in the next 2-3 weeks to get a read on my body fat progress and a major motivation kick if it isn’t low enough yet. The second pic is just my dinner. That chicken was yummy though, I’m apparently not sick of chicken at the moment, and those bell peppers and carrots are so sweet. Yum =)

Daily Macro / Cal Tally


196 g P / 158 g C / 49 g F
49% Protein 39% Carbs 12% Fat

1,857 Cals Ingested
(1,448) BMR
(1,205) Training
(796) Net Loss =)


Today was a good day, aside from that whole setting an alarm on a Saturday in order to hit am cardio before C woke up and prevented it it. I had a great leg and glute session today that really kicked my ass (pun intended). Really though, I needed a nap when I got home. Then again being up till almost midnight last night could have been a factor. I’m hopefully going to bed much sooner tonight. A fun thing about leg day though is it means I get carbs! Not loads of them, but a satisfying amount. You just can’t get through an intense lower body session without that fuel. Remember how I was topping my squat pyramid not long ago with a 170 lb set? Not on this diet; 145 lbs was my max today.

I wish my time was unlimited. My StairMaster session was only 20 min instead of 45 because weights took me an hour and 40 minutes. The two hour childcare cap gets me at Gold’s every time. Then again on weekdays I never seem to have more than two hours available straight for a session at The Rec either, usually less.

I’ve become addicted to these Think Thin Bars. They’re so yummy, plus they’re packing 20 g of protein for reasonable cals and they don’t have added sugar. What confuses me though is this whole net carbs thing. They have 25 g carbs which is higher than I’d like it to be, but 14 g of that is sugar alcohol and 2 g is fiber…so net carbs are only 9 g. I’ve read various stuff about how there’s less impact on blood sugar with sugar alcohols and fiber, that being why the “don’t count” blah blah blah. I’ve also read how that is all supposedly just a marketing gimmick. What I’d like to know is how they play into my builder diet. Does anyone know? Please comment if you do! For now I’m just counting them as 25 g carbs, which is about the same as an apple, but has 20 g protein and is decadently yummy! So umm yeah they’re my weakness of the moment and are stashed in C’s closet along with all the other “don’t want to eat more of late at night items ;)

6:30 am Cardio & Abs


30 min Elliptical Steady Climb
359 cals burned

DB Side Bends 30 lbs x 3 sets x 15 reps each side
Mini Crunches x 3 sets x 20 reps
Reverse Crunches x 3 sets x 20 reps
Quickie Stretch

8 am Breakfast

1 scoop vanilla MyoFusion with water and ice in my bullet
Black coffee
3 Isernio’s chicken sausage links
½ cup oatmeal with 1/3 cup blueberries

10 am Carbs for Legs

1 slice TJ’s high protein whole grain bread plain
½ cashew cookie Larabar

10:20 am-12:25 pm Training Legs & Glutes @ Gold’s

Boost! 1 set (5 reps) real pull-ups to get my mood on

1)Squat Rack Pyramid
1. 95 lbs x 12 reps
2. 15 lbs x 10 reps
3. 125 lbs x 10 reps
4. 135 lbs x 8 reps
5. 145 lbs x 8 reps
6. 145 lbs x 8 reps
7. 125 lbs x 8 reps
8. 95 lbs x 8 reps

2) Cable Kickbacks

1. 50 lbs x 12 reps each leg
2. 50 lbs x 12 reps each leg
3. 55 lbs x 12 reps each leg
4. 60 lbs x 12 reps each leg
5. 60 lbs x 12 reps each leg
6. 60 lbs x 12 reps each leg
7. 50 lbs x 12 reps each leg

3)Cable Side Things
(I forget the real name)

1. 40 lbs x 8 reps each leg
2. 30 lbs x 8 reps each leg
3. 30 lbs x 8 reps each leg


4)Walking Lunges 3 Ways

1. 4 sets x 12 reps x Weighted Walking Lunges (20 lb DBs)
2. 4 sets x 12 reps x Side Twist Walking Lunges (8 lb MB)
3. 4 sets x 16 reps x Leg Lift Butt Squeeze Walking Lunges

5)Standing Single Leg Press

1. 110 lbs x 8 reps each leg
2. 100 lbs x 8 reps each leg
3. 90 lbs x 12 reps each leg

6)Unilateral Stiff Leg Deadlifts

1. 15 lb DBs x 6 reps each leg
2. 15 lb DBs x 6 reps each leg
3. 15 lb DBs x 6 reps each leg

Superset with


7)Reverse Lunges

1. 15 lb DBs x 12 reps
2. 15 lb DBs x 12 reps
3. 15 lb DBs x 12 reps


8)Smith Machine Skier & Sumo Squats

1. 70 lbs x 8 x 8
2. 80 lbs x 8 x 8
3. 90 lbs x 8 x 8

Superset with

9)Smith Machine Lunges
1. 70 lbs x 6 reps each leg
2. 80 lbs x 6 reps each leg
3. 90 lbs x 6 reps each leg

10)StairMaster

Well I’d planned to do 45 minutes while reading my tax text, but as usual the 2 hour childcare cap got the best of me and my workout was a killer (which is great) so instead it was 20 minutes melting on the handle bars sans textbook.

Fat Burner Routine
20 minutes level 8
1.92 miles
196 cals burned

Brief Ham and Back Stretching and off to retrieve the C man!

1 pm Lunch

2 cups of that turkey chili leftover from last night ( love real food I can have a 2 cup serving of – this chili is awesome!)
½ red bell pepper
A few sticks celery

2pm Nap (no, really)

That leg workout was super beneficial, but a total wipeout. I’m glad I ate that piece of bread before leaving for the gym. You always hear it said that leg day is the day to NOT go low carb. You need to have some carbs for strength and energy to fuel you for leg day. Otherwise, good luck with that squat rack!

3:30 pm Snack

TJ’s Chicken and Thai Slaw Salad
Tasty, but I had to ditch 2/3 of the dressing on account of carb content
Hot tea no sweetener

7:40 pm Dinner

This is unusual for me, but I didn’t eat dinner until I put the C man to bed.

8 oz. chicken breast
½ cup snap peas
¾ cup baby carrots
The other ½ of that red bell pepper
Hot tea no sweetener

9 pm Bedtime Snack


1 T Peanut Butter
1 slice TJ’s high protein whole grain bread toasted with sugar free raspberry jam

No comments:

Post a Comment