Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Muscles, Taxes, & Spider-man =)








That’s the textbook I’m excited about this quarter. Corporate taxation! Woohoo! =) There is a third tax class available in the undergrad program I will take too, but after that I’m fresh out of tax. Still, three is pretty good for an undergrad program. Actually, I flexed my bicep on tax today. The professor is one who likes to have everyone give a casual introduction of themselves to the class: name, hometown, hobbies, etc. So I had to say my son, aka Spider-man, and bodybuilding of course. I explained in brevity what figure is, that my first competition is on tax day, flexed my bicep to the room, and mentioned that if I act strangely in the next two weeks my body fat crashing diet is to blame. I’m guessing at least half the class thought I was an oddball and a half, but in an unexpected one the professor thought it was cool and intriguing and wanted to know more about the sport when I had some questions about exam formats on my way out the door. As I’m getting up on a stage in front of a bunch of strangers to pose so soon I may as well get comfortable randomly flexing in classes full of mostly unfamiliar faces, hah ;)

Day 81

Tuesday, March 29, 2011


There’s not a resounding theme to today’s post other than this is all working well. Today was our first day back at school and C and I both had good days. I was happy with both lasses I had today and will keep them both which means I have to pick one of the two I have tomorrow to drop. Yes, technically, I could do 16 credits again, but I’d rather recover my former GPA.

I was very well behaved this morning and popped out of bed promptly and willingly for 35 minutes of elliptical cardio at 6:15 am. Then I had my oatmeal, coffee, and protein shake breakfast and headed off to school with C. I ate my steak / brown rice / spinach combo halfway through my 1st class, a Think Thin bar en route to The Rec to train back & shoulders and do more cardio, my raw veg and chicken breast combo in my 2 pm class and just before 6 pm at home I had a seafood stew I picked up in the frozen section at TJ’s awhile back (44 g protein, 16 g carbs, 12 g fat). I had a single serve pack of Omega trail mix (walnuts, almonds, pecans, pistachios, sunflower seeds, cranberries) and ½ cup of oatmeal a bit ago, a handful of carrots with the last tablespoon of hummus (not buying more till after the EC because it tempts me in excess), and am now having a couple olives from my TJ’s Greek Olive Medley to sure a salt craving. It has been a solid day from a nutritional standpoint and I still got in just 5 minutes shy of 2 hours training today despite it being the often crazy first day of a new quarter =)

I realize I’m getting a bit off track here, but I just love my little man more than anything in the world. Well duh, every mom says that right? The thing is he will be 4 years old in a mere 28 days and he is just becoming so much more of a little boy now than a toddler or a preschooler. He is Spider-man! We’ve been through truck, car, helicopter, train (that was a big one), dinosaur, castles and various other phases, but this is his first superhero obsession and it is awesome. I think he originally picked it up at the gym. I got him a set of Spider-man phonics books from his Scholastic flyer after he started fixating and he loves to “read” them himself. He will also pick the best picture of Spider-man and sit there and have a 20 minute conversation with him. He s very big on making me be Spider-man and converse en route to school or wherever in the Spider-man voice, but tonight after going to bed I heard him in there carrying on talking to Spider-man for almost 30 minutes by himself. He also does the Spider-man web hand thing and I didn’t teach it to him. He is quite adept at structural things so I think he may have plucked that notion from the book’s illustrations. I’m an admitted spoiler so yesterday I got him a Spider-man mask and he actually went to sleep in it (yes, very breathable I checked) I snuck in later to detach it. Today his Spider-man muscles costume (about $25 on Amazon if there's a small Spider-man lover in your house) showed up so he is now sleeping in that. I love entering a new phase of parenting. We’re in the little boy zone now and I just love it. I’m not the ripped one in this house; check out those muscles on Spider-man ;)

Macros

179.2 grams Protein 159.5 grams Carbs 56.8 grams Fat

Cal Tally


1,866 Ingested
(1,448) BMR
(981) Training
(563) Net Loss =)

No comments:

Post a Comment