Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 82 - Nothing Stellar to Report, just Aspirin & my Kryptonite

Day 82

Wednesday, March 30, 2011


This is a shorty. I basically didn’t work out today. I did 25 minutes of cardio on the elliptical this morning plus 4 sets of side bends (abs) with a 30 lb dumbbell at 15 reps per sets per side this morning, but I never made it to a gym so I don’t really count it as having actually worked out. I was going to go right after class this afternoon, but the tension headache, general tiredness, realization that if I didn’t do hw due tomorrow then I’d be staying up later tonight to do it and asking for trouble. I also realized it had been 9 days since I had a rest day so I didn’t go. As usual, I ate too many calories today. That always happens on days I don’t really workout. Interesting.

What happened? We took a family member out to dinner for their birthday. I had selected a “safe” restaurant in that I could get a salad with no dressing and grilled salmon (fatty yes, but healthy fat) there. I know that bread is my weakness, my huge weakness, so I had planned to limit myself to a single dinner roll as I was headed into dinner carb count light and could thus afford to have one vs. none. What did I fail to anticipate? It wasn’t rolls! It was hot, chewy, full of texture, crisp-crusted artisanal bread, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Kryptonite!!! I ate three glorious slices mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I can still taste the deliciousness. On a behaved note I only ate half the salad and salmon (huge pserving about 10 oz) and have the rest for one of my meals tomorrow boxed in the fridge. I won’t eat any nuts tomorrow to accommodate the extra fat from the salmon into my ratios. I could have come in under my cal budget of 1,800 if I skipped my last meal, the bedtime snack, but I can’t actually skip. If I skip I set myself up for major hunger pains, cravings, and irrational binge eating once the cravings get the best of me, so I still got my bedtime snack in tonight, wise move =)

Tomorrow I’ll be training legs and glutes in between my accounting and corporate tax classes. I’m looking forward to that feeling of redeeming myself in the gym.

Macros

164.2 grams Protein 190.5 grams Carbs 68.8 grams Fat
Cal Tally


2,038 Cals Ingested
(1,448) BMR
(288) Cardio
302 Net Gain


I also have to start sleeping more. I have learned, the hard way, multiple times since starting here in the fall that this 6.5 hours a night business catches up to me very quickly and usually in the form of a nasty bug. I can't / won't let that happen right now so I'm going to start getting 8 hours a night. It's not a want; it's a need. I'm hoping to report tomorrow that I got my 8 as planned, goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment