Monday, January 17, 2011

I sat in an 80's Sci-fi Flick Space Ship Today ;)






Day 10

Monday, January 17, 2011


20.4% !!!

Muahaha, that’s what the space ship, I mean Bod Pod, told me. I knew that the scale with the foot scanners at Gold’s was way off with that 27.2% business =) To do the Bod Pod I had to not eat or drink anything for 2 hours prior. I stood on the attached scale while the machine calibrated itself for my weight and then I got to sit in the very 80's-sci-fi-movie-esque Bod Pod while it pressurized itself to read my mass makeup. Apparently, 29.3 lbs of fat mass + 114.6 lbs of lean mass = me. So what’s the goal? I don’t specifically have a body fat goal, but it will go down in conjunction with my other goals. I’ll hazard a guess that it will settle between 16-18% when my 12 weeks are up and I get in the bod pod again. While it isn’t recommended that most women go below 18% body fat those who compete in bikini/fitness/figure bodybuilding are a special case. My PT who competes in the bikini class clocked in at 14% body fat a month prior to the Emerald Cup last year.

7 am Cardio

40 min

“Cardio Blast” Elliptical Program

8 am Protein Shake #1

1 scoop milk chocolate MyoFusion with ice and water in the bullet

9:30 am Ewwwwww, I Mean Breakfast

I have a hard time embracing egg whites, but I tried. Points for intention? Yes. End result? No, no, no, bleh ;)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE eggs benedict which means I always keep those Knorr hollandaise mix packets around. I also like adding spinach to eggs benny when I make it so got this seemingly bright notion that I could take 4 egg whites, a handful of fresh spinach, a squirt of lemon juice, and a teaspoon of hollandaise mix (all the cals are in the butter and milk you’re supposed to mix it with) and froth the whole thing up in my magic bullet and then cook it up like an omelet.

Nope sorry, it was gross.

The:
1 piece plain toast (SJI 9 grain)
2 Satsumas
And coffee
I ate with it were good though.

12:15 pm Lunch

8 Triscuits
1 large chunk fresh pineapple
¾ cup baby carrots
2 oz each steak and chicken cold (leftovers)
Hot tea no sweetener

2:45 pm Bod Pod!


3 pm Protein Shake #2

1 scoop delicious vanilla MyoFusion shaken, not stirred, with water
I was definitely hungrier than that, but it was time for PT.

3 pm – 4 pm Back & Abs with Laura


1)T-Bar Rows Pyramid

Set 1: 20 lbs + bar x 8 reps
Set 2: 25 lbs + bar x 8 reps
Set 3: 30 lbs + bar x 8 reps
Set 4: 25 lbs + bar x 8 reps
Set 5: 20 lbs + bar x 8 reps

2)Lat Pull Downs


Set 1: 50 lbs x 6 reps wide grip x 6 reps reverse narrow grip
Set 2: 60 lbs x 6 reps wide grip x 6 reps reverse narrow grip
Set 3: 70 lbs x 6 reps wide grip x 6 reps reverse narrow grip
Set 4: 80 lbs x 6 reps wide grip x 6 reps reverse narrow grip
Set 5: 70 lbs x 6 reps wide grip x 6 reps reverse narrow grip

3)Dumbbell Bent Over Rows

Set 1: 20 lbs x 8 reps each arm (1 arm full set then switch)
Set 2: 25 lbs x 8 reps
Set 3: 30 lbs x 8 reps
Set 4: 30 lbs x 8 rep

Woohoo – I finally did something harder than a side bend with a 30-lb-er! =)

Superset with

4)Dumbbell Straight-armed Pull-overs

3 Sets x 20 lbs x 8 reps

5)Standing Reverse Flies

3 sets x 8 lbs x 10 reps

Superset with

6)Straight Bar Pushdowns

3 sets x 55 lbs x 10 reps

7)Seated Rows

Set 1: 65 lbs x 8 reps both arms
35 lbs x 8 reps each arm individually
Set 2: 65 lbs x 8 reps both arms
30 lbs x 8 reps each arm individually
Set 3: 65 lbs x 8 reps both arms
30 lbs x 8 reps each arm individually
Set 4: 65 lbs x 8 reps both arms
30 lbs x 8 reps each arm individually

8)Big Mean Abdominal Circuit

10 lb Medicine Ball Twists 20 reps
Alternating Toe Touches 20 reps
Mini Crunches 12reps
10 lb dumbbell Push Sit-ups 12 reps round 1 / 8 reps rounds 2 & 3

Repeat the whole thing

And again – phew!

4 pm Cardio & Econ

That advice I mentioned about reading non-stimulating text books on a StairMaster to stay alert?

Yeah, that =)

StairMaster “Fat Burner” program 45 min + Managerial Accounting Chapter 6
4.06 miles, 193 Floors climbed, 417 cals burned

Stretching.

5:30 pm Starving!!!!!!!!

I drank a V8 while cooking dinner. The salt hit the spot!

2 cups broccoli and snap peas steamed
With 14 shrimps
1 cup brown rice
All drizzled with ponzu and just a tad of rice wine vinegar
Hot tea no sweetener

Due to the scheduling of the Bod Pod and my workout I basically got shorted a snack today so I earned that full cup of rice. Yum!

7:30 pm Premeditated Snackin'


20 Wheat Thins
3 wedges Laughing Cow Light Blue Cheese Spread (35 cals each)
1 Fuji apple
Hot tea no sweetener

10:40 pm Protein Shake #3

1 scoop delicious vanilla MyoFusion with water and ice in the bullet

Apparently if I take my MB outside and downstairs to use in the basement I can have the blended (better) version of a shake even though C is sleeping. Good to know =)

I’m both surprised and disappointed that I’m not very sore from yesterday. Perhaps it will set in tonight. I sometimes experience a 48 hour delay in DOMS. I’m glad I got in a solid 2.5 hours today between weights and 2 cardio sessions. Tomorrow I have ASWA in the evening which means I’ll only get in am cardio and nothing more :( It also means they will pass out big slabs of cake that I’ll be turning down while everyone around me enjoys theirs. Fun, fun. I’ll let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment