Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Exhilarating back workout! Now if I could just get my keys back.

Today was a great day until I lost my keys, they're still MIA. It didn't wreck it though. It delayed my dinner almost 2 hours and stressed me out a bit, but it didn't get me off my clean eating track. That's despite getting Dairy Queen for Charlie on account of being so late. Mmmm that big billboard of fried things looked damn good as I was damn hungry, but nope! I behaved =)

The big perk of today was that I had a workout buddy. Woohoo! I swear I can never talk anyone into going to the gym with me. Hannah placed 7th in the cyclocross nationals,rides her bike most days to school, and trains off campus so she's already really fit.She joined me for the weights portion of my workout and it was good fun =)

Day 5

January 12, 2011

6:20 am

30 min Cardio


Steady Climb Elliptical Program

I tried to read my Marketing book for cardio this morning, but it's way bigger than my console and falls off. Econ is the cutest tiniest text book I've ever had (Econ needs redemptive qualities ;) so I think I will plan to do all econ reading for the quarter during my am cardio to max out my efficiency. Here's hoping studying pre-coffee does not prove ineffective! ;)


6:50 am Protein Shake #1


1 scoop MyoFusion delicious vanilla with water

8 am Breakfast

½ cup oatmeal with cinnamon, 1/3 cup blueberries, splash NF milk
Coffee

10 am MKTG 380 Munch

Small bunch green grapes
4 oz. chicken
Hot tea no sweetener

11:50 am “Lunch” aka walking to the Rec Center & Chewing


1 piece SJI 9 Grain bread plain
½ cup baby carrots
1 scoop MyoFusion milk chocolate with water

Back & Butt Workout 12:00 – 1:30 pm

1)Lunges 3 Ways:

Weighted walking lunges with 2-20 lb dumbbells 2 sets x 20
Weighted ball side twist lunges (10 bs) 2 sets x 20
Leg lift walking lunges 2 sets x 20

2)Reverse Lat Pull-downs 2 Sets @ 10 reps x 70 lbs, Set 3 Drop set 8 reps x 80 lbs, 6 reps x 70 lbs, 8 reps x 60 lbs, Set 4 6 reps x 80 lbs

Superset with

3)Seated Cable Row 3 sets, 70 lbs, 10 reps, 8 reps, 10 reps

4) Assisted Pull-ups 3 variations (wide, medium reverse grip, narrow) each 3 sets x 6 reps 70-85 lbs deducted from body weight so approx. 65-80 lb resistance.

5) T-bar Row 3 sets x 8 reps x 25 lbs + bar weight (50+ total – it’s a mystery) Then Hannah added another 5 lbs so a 4th set @ 30 x 8.

Superset with

Side to side abs with a 10 lb medicine ball 30 reps x 3 sets + 1 set 6/6 hanging leg extension and knee curl abs.

6) Cardio 20 min
StairMaster!


I’ve been missing those.

“Fat Burner” program level 12 until last 4 min then alternating level 8 and 10
218 cals 105 floors climbed

7)Single Horizontal Leg Curls 4 sets per leg

1 leg at a time x 6 reps x 40 lbs then immediately 6 reps x 30 lbs

8)Single leg extension 3 sets x 6 reps x 40 lbs per leg

9) 2 sets of PUSH-UPS TO FAILURE!!! ;) alternating with stretching
Round 1 – 26 ½ push-ups to failure
Round 2 - 18 ½ push-ups o failure


I would have gone a 3rd round, but had to get showered and to class.

2 pm Refueling in my favorite class ACCT 375 (Taxation of course!)

4 oz. chicken
2 Satsumas

4:15 pm Starved!

This was the 1st purchase I've made on my W Card since starting to eat clean, campus offers few good options, so I had cheese! I can’t be trusted to apportion my own servings with a big block, but a little 1 oz. packet of cheddar hit the spot.

7:40 pm REALLY freaking hungry aka late dinner on account of losing my keys


1 scoop MyoFusion strawberries and creams with Silk vanilla soy milk
1-3/4 cups Beef Stew with Sweet Potato
1 serving (16) Wheat Thins
(another tasty M&F Hers recipe I made awhile back – pulled this from the freezer ~ 366 cals and 25 g protein per serving)

10:15 pm Bedtime Snack

1/2 cup cottage cheese
2 Satsumas
Hot tea no sweetener

No comments:

Post a Comment