Sunday, January 16, 2011

Squat-tastic!


This picture has nothing to do with my post, aside from my having eaten some tilapia today, but I just had to inquire: do you think 5 lbs of tilapia in the freezer is excessive? Nah, I don't. That fish kicks ass. It's extremely low cal, extremely low fat, very high protein, cheap, and it tastes good too ;)

Day 9

Sunday January 16, 2011

Sunday is a good day for statistics.


45 minutes cardio (30 elliptical, 15 treadmill)

460 total reps.

286 training legs.

174 training abs.

Of those leg reps 82 were during my squat rack pyramid.

…and 8 of those were at 120 lbs, otherwise known as 83.9% of my body weight ;)


I trained legs and abs and I’m beyond exhausted right now. The kind of tired that when you lay down for an hour with your 3-year-old climbing on you off and on, you chalk it up as a nap. I think the squat rack may be the culprit. I LOVE the squat rack – we’re fast friends. I’ve used a Smith machine once with my PT, but I felt more comfortable alone using the rack so I gave it a try today. Included in my hour of leg training was a pyramid on the squat rack: 8 sets, 82 total reps, maxing out at 120 lbs and then going back down. That’s 83.9% of my body weight on my shoulders for an 8 rep set. I think that’s awesome =) I think I am definitely capable of squatting a bar in excess of my body weight, but I think I’ll try that when I have a spotter handy.

6:55 am 30 min Cardio

Elliptical Interval program

7:40 am Protein Shake #1

1 scoop milk chocolate MyoFusion with water & ice in the bullet

8:30 am Back on the Oats

½ cup oatmeal, cinnamon, 1/3 cup blueberries, splash NF milk
Coffee

10:00 -11:25 am Training My Legs @ Gold’s Gym

1)Seated Leg Press

Set 1: 10 reps x 180 lbs
Set 2: 10 reps x 190 lbs
Set 3: 10 reps x 200 lbs
Set 4: 10 reps x 210 lbs
Set 5: 8 reps x 230 lbs

2)Walking Lunges 3 Ways

2 sets x 16 reps weighted (1-20 lb dumbbell in each hand)
2 sets x 16 reps side twist w/ 8 lb medicine ball
2 sets x 16 reps with leg lift / butt squeeze

3)Squat Pyramid with Rack

Set 1: 10 reps x 65 lbs
Set 2: 10 reps x 85 lbs
Set 3: 10 reps x 95 lbs
Set 4: 10 reps x 115 lbs
Set 5: 8 reps x 120 lbs
Set 6: 12 reps x 95 lbs
Set 7: 10 reps x 85 lbs
Set 8: 12 reps x 75 lbs

Oh yeah ;)

4)Prone Leg Curls (no alternating – all reps on each leg then switch)

Set 1: 6 reps x 40 lbs
Set 2: 6 reps x 40 lbs
Set 3: 10 reps x 30 lbs
Set 4: 6 reps x 40 lbs

Superset with

5)Leg Extensions (no alternating – all reps on each leg then switch)

Set 1: 8 reps x 40 lbs
Set 2: 8 reps x 50 lbs
Set 3: 8 reps x 50 lbs
Set 4: 8 reps x 40 lbs

6)Quickie Cardio

Treadmill 15 min

I made up my own interval:

4 min running @ 6 mph, 1 min walking @ 4 mph,
4 min running @ 6 mph, 1 min walking @ 4 mph,
4 min running @ 6 mph, 1 min walking @ 4 mph,

All at a 1.0% incline = 15 min, out of breath, 1.36 miles, and late to a Birthday party ;)

7)This was not a quick stretch. I recognized that I had better focus now so as to not hurt big time come tomorrow morning.

11:40 am Eating in the Car


4 oz. chicken
¼ cup carrots (I would have eaten more, but it was a quick drive)

12:30 pm Yes, I Realize French Fries are not my Friend

I ate about 18 curly fries dipped in ranch at my friend’s daughter’s bowling alley birthday party. They were tasty, but yeah I shouldn’t have.

2:45 pm Protein Shake #2

1 scoop MyoFusion delicious vanilla with water and ice in the bullet

3 pm Training Abs @ Home


I’d meant to do these at the gym, but ran out of time

Side to side ball touch (10 lbs)
3 Sets x 30 reps

Toe Reach with 10 lb ball 3 sets x 15 reps

3 – 60 second planks

Side bends w / 30 lb dumbbell 3 sets x 12 reps each side

I just felt so wiped out at this point that I went and laid down in bed while Charlie was playing and basically fell asleep 2/3 of the way. Once you have a child you can never actually fall asleep all the way if they’re awake no matter how beat you are (at age 3 anyways). It’s some sort of built in safeguard ;)

6:15 pm Dinner

1/3 cup brown rice with soy sauce
1 cup steamed veggies (leftovers from yesterday)
1 beef skewer (approx. 1 oz)
8 oz. Tilapia baked with s&p, lemon juice
3 Satsumas
Hot tea no sweetener

Between 9 and 10:30 pm Carb Cravings

2 pieces SJI 9 grain bread with the tiniest bit of butter you ever saw stretched across them
Hot tea no sweetener

I’m up doing a tax return for a fake person for my tax class. When I say doing I mean forms all printed with a pencil scattered across my desk, no software! It’s a long and slightly tricky one complete with dividend income, interest income, a short term capital loss, long term capital gain, self-employment income, schedule SE, every aspect of schedule A, and more than that, but you’ve heard enough. I’m going to scapegoat the tax code for my carb cravings. Yes, I love taxes, but sorting out the intricacies requires brain fuel – like glycogen producing complex carbs. Yes, that’s it, haha. In my defense it’s whole grain and only ran over what a protein shake would have been by 70 calories. I think my weights earlier earned that. Of course the con is that you’re supposed to eat your carbs earlier in the day to reduce fat stores. I’ll be more of a stickler about timing further in. I promise =)

No comments:

Post a Comment