Wednesday, January 26, 2011

IT'S ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)




I decided to do it, hehehehehehehehehe =)

NPC Registration Card filled out and ready to mail with payment. Check!

Room booked at discount block rate at the host hotel. Check!

2011 Emerald Cup Competitor Registration for the 5’4”-5’5” Figure class submitted online. Check!

Coming to terms with the sticker shock of a sparkly bikini not meant for swimming. Check!

Learning new lingo: Bikini Bite, Posing Oil, Stage Tan, etc. Check!

Only ingested 1,590 calories today. Check!

Trained Legs + Cardio today. Check!

Hehehehe =)

IT’S ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Psst don't worry I gave them my full name, address, phone number, etc. when I registered, I just thought I'd edit the image for the sake of a little internet privacy.


Day 19

Wednesday, January 26, 2011


No cardio this morning. C woke up an hour earlier than usual. It was bound to happen eventually and it made for a nice start to the day with some extra time together which made for a great drop-off at preschool (vs. the frequent hard ones where he wants me to stay)

7:45 am Breakfast / Protein Shake #1

1 scoop delicious vanilla MyoFusion with water and ice in my bullet
½ cup oatmeal with 1/3 cup blueberries
Coffee

11:00 am MKTG 380 Snack

I’m spacing meals farther apart today (+/- 3 hours) to help lower the total intake.
1 serving egg white spinach crust less quiche
1 Fuji apple
Hot tea

Training Legs @ the SRC 12:00 -1:45 pm

1)Smith Machine Squats & Lunges

Set 1: 65 lbs x 8 Skier Squats x 8 Back Squats x 8 Lunges per Leg
Set 2: 95 lbs x 8 Skier Squats x 8 Back Squats, 85 lbs x 8 Lunges per Leg
Set 3: 115 lbs x 8 Skier Squats x 8 Back Squats, 75 lbs x 8 Lunges per Leg
Set 4: 105 lbs x 8 Skier Squats x 8 Back Squats, 75 lbs x 8 Lunges per Leg

Superset with

2) Dumbbell Step Ups (holding a 15 lb db in each hand stepping onto a tall box)

3 sets x 10 reps each leg (not alternating)

3)Front Squats (with a Rack)

Set 1: 45 lbs x 10 reps
Set 2: 60 lbs x 10 reps
Set 3: 70 lbs x 10 reps
Set 4: 70 lbs x 10 reps

4)Stiff-legged Dead Lifts

Set 1: 70 lbs x 6 reps
Set 2: 60 lbs x 8 reps

These are REALLY tough to get right (form-wise) compared to regular dead lifts and I wasn’t getting there so we only did two sets and moved on ( if you do them in bad form you risk a lower back injury).

5)Hamstring Curls (all reps 1st leg then switch)

Set 1: 40 lbs x 10 reps
Set 2: 40 lbs x 10 reps
Set 3: 45 lbs x 10 reps
Set 4: 45 lbs x 10 reps

Superset with

6)Quad Extensions ( all reps 1st leg then switch)

Set 1: 40 lbs x 10 reps
Set 2: 40 lbs x 10 reps
Set 3: 40 lbs x 10 reps

7)Hip Adductors

3 Drop sets

110 lbs x 12 reps
100 lbs x 10 reps
90 lbs x 10 reps

8)Hip Abductors

3 Drop sets

90 lbs x 10 reps (too light)
100 lbs x 10 reps
90 lbs x 10 reps

At this point we were over time, but Laura suggested I continue on to walking lunges on my own.

9)Walking Lunges 3 Ways

With 2-15 lb dumbbells 2 sets x 18 reps
With a 10 lb medicine ball 2 sets x 15 reps
With a 2 rep leg lift / hamstring squeeze 2 sets x 12 reps

See how I was dropping down in quantity? They hurt! Lauara had been worried at the end about my not being sore tomorrow. Once I was doing these I realized she needn’t be worried , haha ;)

10)Cardio!

At this point, even planning to skip a shower and run (literally) to my 2 pm class in my workout gear I only had time for 20 minutes. I had been planning on being a wuss and using an AMT, but nope, only 20 min means…

The Stairs!

StairMaster
Fat Burner program Level 12
1.96 miles 232 cals burned (forgot to write down floors climbed)

and oh my were my calf muscles SCREAMING on the stairs after all those different lunges, but that's a GOOD THING! ;)

Quick stretch and off to class.

2 pm Tax Snack

1 Cashew Cookie Larabar
¾ cup baby carrots
4 oz. curry marinated chicken (Trader Joe’s again ~ love that place)

7:05 pm Dinner

Small salad from Haggen (salad bar) Yum!
(lettuce, black olives, edamame, peas, carrots, beets, baby corns, just a few cranberries, blue cheese crumbles, and sunflower seeds, very lightly dressed)
1 serving egg white spinach crust less quiche (last one better buy more eggs – this is a keeper!)
Broiled tomatoes

1 big bite of C’s dessert aka Reese’s Egg when he was done with it (these things are small, but they’re 170 cals so I’ll round this indulgence to 50 cals)

I just tallied up the day and realized my calorie intake up till now is only 1,440. I plan to still have a protein shake before bed (150 cals) which will bring my daily total to 1,590. It appears spacing meals roughly 3 hours apart is the key for me. Cool =)

So 1,590 cals eaten less my BMR 1,448 less today’s training burn 622 (an hour of weightlifting theoretically burns around 390 cals)= a net loss of 480. That is just about perfect! Unlike this morning, I should / will typically have 2 cardio sessions with my am session burning 300-400 cals (determined by whether I do 30 or 40 min) and I should really be maintaining an intake of 1,700-1,800 cals daily (1,590 is a little low for my mass). Making those changes will give me a daily “budget” of the following:

1,800 cals eaten
(1,448) BMR
( 990) Training ~ Assuming two 30 min cardio sessions and 1 hour of weights which needs to be my routine 5+ days of the week to meet my goals)
Equals a
Net loss of
(548)

Which equates out to the favorable and healthy weight loss rate of 1 pound per week (3,600/548 = 6.57 days) Hurray – calorie “budget” set!

I’m going to focus on this for a week and then start honing in on achieving the most optimal protein/healthy fat/carbohydrate ratio for those cals. Right now I’m just intentionally going heavy on protein without paying much attention to the rest or the overall ratios.

10:00 PM Protein Shake #2

1 scoop strawberries & cream MyoFusion with water and ice in my bullet

No comments:

Post a Comment