Saturday, January 29, 2011

Fever, fever, go away, please don't come back another day

Day 22

Saturday, January 29, 2011


That bit about resting a fever? Yeah, damn. I ran one during the night that capped out at 101.5 degrees at 12:30 am so no training for me today. Respecting when rest is called for isn’t any fun. I am eating extremely carefully though to avoid the loss of lean mass during the unwanted down time.

7:45 am Protein + Vitamin C

1 scoop delicious vanilla MyoFusion with water, ice, and 3 big strawberries (for vitamin C) in my bullet

Back to bed. C was very sweet; he came and tucked me in and then brought me the huge body pillow he keeps in his bed. He also hoisted up my water bottle to tell me to have a drink.

10:30 am Breakfast

¾ cup TJ’s vanilla almond clusters with NF milk
Coffee

12:45 pm Lunch

1 serving egg white, spinach, and asparagus crust less quiche
1 broiled tomato
¼ cup brown rice (I served myself a ½ cup but it was still on the plate an hour later – just not feeling an appetite)
Hot tea

1 can Pepsi Maxx zero cal (Yes, I know that despite the zero cals diet soda is still bad for you, but the cold fizz feels good on my sore throat)

3:30 pm Chills, 100.7 fever and a healthy snack

200 cal pack of raw almonds
Fuji apple
Hot tea
Big fuzzy blanket from Costco that I love and tax book

5:00 pm 101.6

100 cals orange Gatorade

5:30 pm Nap

Luckily C’s dad had him most of the day so I was able to sleep extra and study a little although I seriously doubt that much of what I read stayed in my head.

6:45 pm Dinner-ish

½ orange
Chicken noodle soup

7:15 Protein Shake #2 + another 7 g protein

1 scoop delicious vanilla MyoFusion with water and ice in my bullet
1 T peanut butter

Daily Cal Tally

1,490 Ingested
(1,448) BMR
(0) Forced Rest Day
42 gain posted

No comments:

Post a Comment