Friday, February 4, 2011

The squat rack is my happy place.



You’re tired?!?! I’ll give you something to be tired about!!! Ummm that’s my theatrical explanation as to why I proceeded over to Gold’s less than two hours after complaining on FB that I could barely keep my eyes open despite three cups of coffee. I did take a 30 minute nap and eat lunch before I went. I was still exhausted, but I knew it was because I wasn’t working out. No, really. I feel better when I work out (times I’m running a fever aside). I’m still not up to my full capacity, but I was pleased to find that I’ve retained my leg strength ( read: my top squat weight held.) The bad thing you’ll see in today’s log is that my big bad sweet tooth is out, about, and looking to play. Boo. I’m still trying to pick up and put back together all my pieces. I was rigid on diet the first five or so days I was sick, then in the last few days I’ve been going lax there. In the last two days I’ve picked back up on training weights. Yes! However, I have not yet taken back up with any cardio, much less two a day cardio sessions. I HAVE to have all three things up and running to achieve my goal: diet, weights, and two daily cardio sessions. All this seemed so effortless two little weeks ago.

On a side note, those video clips were taken with my cell phone. It uploaded them to YouTube while I was still at the gym. I then downloaded the MP4s at home and spliced them into the vid you see posted. I just love my phone to death. (Insert big huge HTC Incredible plug here) I really do. The damn thing does everything. It’s ridiculous how often I use the PDF viewer. I only have a few paid apps on my phone: JEFIT PRO which has training logs (don’t use those) and animations demonstrating a zillion different weight training moves (use that all the time for fresh ideas.) Sound Hound is the second one and may be old news to some of you techies but is still new and awesome to me! I’m always hearing a song on the radio and wanting to download it, but not knowing what the heck it is. With Sound Hound I just hold up my phone and it identifies the song and I can just bookmark it for later or buy it off Amazon right there on my phone. Sound Hound gets credit for the song in the video too. It had hit the spot driving home on the radio a few nights back and Sound Hound scooped it right up for me =)


Day 28

Friday, February 4, 2011

8 am Protein Shake #1


1 scoop milk chocolate MyoFusion with water and ice in my bullet
Coffee

9:15 am Breakfast


Starbuck’s Egg White Spinach Wrap
More Coffee

12:20 pm Lunch

2 High Fiber/Protein 100 cal buns
Roast Beef
1 slice muenster (86 cals)
Au jus
2 satsumas
2 large strawberries
½ cup carrots

1:00 – 2:05 pm Training Legs @ Gold’s

1)Squat Pyramid

Set 1: 65 lbs x 10 reps
Set 2: 85 lbs x 10 reps
Set 3: 95 lbs x 10 reps
Set 4: 115 lbs x 10 reps
Set 5: 125 lbs x 8 reps
Set 6: 135 lbs x 8 reps
Set 7: 145 lbs x 6 reps
Set 8: 145 lbs x 6 reps
Set 9: 115 lbs x 8 reps

I realize that a Smith Machine will allow you to do varieties of squats (like skier squats) that you can't do with a rack and that form is generally also better with a Smith Machine, but I just love the rack. I really do. It is my favorite place to head for at Gold's =)



2)Walking Lunges 3 Ways


With 20 lb dumbbells 2 sets x 16 reps
With 8 lb MB Twist 2 sets x 16 reps
With leg raise / butt squeeze 2 sets x 16 reps

3)Prone Leg Curl Single leg then switch (NO rest between sets)

Set 1: 40 lbs x 6 reps each leg
Set 2: 30 lbs x 6 reps each leg
Set 3: 30 lbs x 6 reps each leg

4)Leg Extensions
Single leg then switch (NO rest between sets)

Set 1: 50 lbs x 6 reps each leg
Set 2: 40 lbs x 6 reps each leg
Set 3: 40 lbs x 6 reps each leg

5)Hip Adductors


Set 1: 110 lbs x 10 reps
Set 2: 110 lbs x 10 reps
Set 3: 110 lbs x 10 reps

Superset with

6)Hip Abductors


Set 1: 110 lbs x 10 reps
Set 2: 110 lbs x 10 reps
Set 3: 110 lbs x 10 rep

7)Seated Leg Press


Set 1: 190 lbs x 8 reps
Set 2: 180 lbs x 6 reps
Set 3: 170 lbs x 10 reps
(only about 35 seconds rest between these sets)

Quick Stretch



2:30 pm Simple Carb Burn

100 cal Panda raspberry licorice stick

6:15 pm Dinner


6 oz. catfish
1 cup baby bok choy, broccoli, and kale with garlic
1/3 cup brown rice

6:45 Deviant Behavior

1 Cadbury Crème Egg

8:00 pm Last Protein of the day


1 cup NF milk
1 T Peanut Butter

Daily Cal Tally

1,686 Ingested
(1,448) BMR
(390) Training Legs
(152) Net Loss =)

No comments:

Post a Comment