Sunday, February 6, 2011

165 Lb Squats & Down a Total of 11.3 Lbs in Body Weight



Isn’t that a beautiful picture? I think so, my own version of a beautiful landscape, haha. Those 35's are gone. Those are 45’s on there with 10’s and 5’s. I squatted 165 pounds today! Yes, it was soon to squat again, based on the total stiffness of my legs, but I just wasn’t pumped up doing back and squats rile me up so it made sense. I started at 95 lbs instead of the usual 65 and went high. 165 lbs starts to hurt my shoulders even with the big red squat sponge cushion. If I start squatting 200,300, how is that supposed to work? I’m guessing I would just acclimate to it. I behaved and went to the core mix class this morning. It’s not really my thing though. I need to just start making myself do abs on my own time. It’s my weak spot both in motivation and definition.

Day 30

February 6, 2011

9:30 am Breakfast


½ cup Old-fashioned Oatmeal with 1/3 cup blueberries
Coffee

10:30 am – 1:00 pm Gold’s Gym Abs, Back, Squats, Cardio

40 min “Core Mix” Class

The last 20 min is stretching so I cut out early. I could probably use the stretching, but I lack the spare time. The ab stuff was interesting, but I think I’d be better off at her “Crunch” class on Monday or Friday evening. It’s more concentrated.

Back and Squats

1)Seated Rows Standard and Single Arm


Set 1: 70 lbs x 8 reps standard, 30 lbs x 6 reps each arm
Set 2: 70 lbs x 8 reps standard, 30 lbs x 6 reps each arm
Set 3: 80 lbs x 8 reps standard, 40 lbs x 6 reps each arm

2)Lat Pulldowns

Set 1: 70 lbs x 6 reps wide grip, 6 reps rev narrow grip
Set 2: 70 lbs x 6 reps wide grip, 6 reps rev narrow grip
Set 1: 80 lbs x 6 reps wide grip, 6 reps rev narrow grip

3)Dumbbell Bent Over Single Rows

Set 1: 30 lbs x 6 reps each arm
Set 2: 35 lbs x 6 reps each arm
Set 3: 35 lbs x 6 reps each arm

Superset with

4)Triceps Kickbacks


Set 1: 15 lbs x 8 reps each arm
Set 2: 15 lbs x 8 reps each arm
Set 3: 15 lbs x 8 reps each arm

5)Squat Pyramid!

I really wasn’t feeling it today, so even though it was supposed to be a back day I decided to do a squat pyramid simply because they make me smiley. Yes, I realize I’m odd.

Set 1: 95 lbs x 10 reps
Set 2: 115 lbs x 8 reps
Set 3: 125 lbs x 8 reps
Set 4: 135 lbs x 6 reps
Set 5: 155 lbs x 6 reps
Set 6: 160 lbs x 6 reps
Set 7: 165 lbs x 8 reps
Set 8: 135 lbs x 6 reps

Check out my new heavy =) 165 lbs woot woot!

My legs were already super stiff and sore from Friday’s leg work out, so if you see me on a set of stairs tomorrow going “owowowowowwowowow” you really oughtn’t feel bad for me; it’s a perverse pleasure.

6)Assisted Pull-ups

Check out the heavier than normal weights on these. Definitely because I was mentally pumped up from my squat pyramid =)

Set 1: 80 lb offset x 6 wide grip x 6 reverse med grip x 6 narrow grip
Set 1: 60 lb offset x 6 wide grip x 6 reverse med grip x 6 narrow grip
Set 1: 50 lb offset x 6 wide grip x 6 reverse med grip x 6 narrow grip

The lower the weight the better on these because that is how much is being deducted from my body weight. Ultimately I want to be capable of real pull-ups. I could never get a full one back in the days of middle school / high school and the President’s physical fitness test. Those puppies do not come easily!

7)Attempted Cardio


StairMaster

“Fat Burner Plus” Program
I had set it to level 8, but had to go to level 6. I’d also set it to 35 minutes, but just under 23 minutes in I realized I’d likely fall off and or fall asleep on it in exhaustion so I got off while it was still a choice. I’d really like to get my usual energy level back already, bleh :(

237 cals 1.77 miles


1:30 pm Lunch

2 Isernio’s Italian Chicken Sausages
12 steamed asparagus spears
1 Opal Apple
2 Laughing Cow Light Cheese Wedges
9 Triscuits

3:30 pm Protein Shake

1 scoop milk chocolate MyoFusion with water and ice in my bullet

6:15 pm Dinner

6 oz. NY Steak
1 small yam
Grapefruit
8 oz. Cranberry juice

7:20 pm Bedtime Snack


1 glass NF milk
1 T peanut butter

Daily Cal Tally

1,830 Ingested
(1,448) BMR
(756) Training
(374) Net Loss =)

This must be working because the scale said 139.1 this morning!

I need to get out of bed @ 6 am tomorrow and start back up with the am cardio. Don't forget to yell at me if you don't see it in tomorrow's post!

No comments:

Post a Comment