Sunday, February 20, 2011

To Supp or Not to Supp? That is the non-Shakespearean question.




Today was alright. I’m tired and it is showing. I unintentionally cheated. Impulse ate some pizza, not even my preferred pizza place’s pizza. It wasn’t a satisfying cheat and I don’t feel good about it. I had walked in to pick C up this afternoon and there were two hot fresh boxes of pizza on the counter. Then everybody left the kitchen except for me for 10 minutes. I don't know why being left alone with the pizza made me jump all over it. So no one was watching? I still have to disclose everything here on my blog. That's my promise to myself because more often than not the thought of going off track publicly keeps me straight, but there are also occasional days like today. Perfect, I'm not.

I’ve been contemplating supplementing for a few months now. Yesterday I picked up a supplement at Costco of all places that is mainly creatine and caffeine and I tried it for my chest workout this afternoon. I drank it a little further in advance than recommended, but I still think I felt something from it. I’ll keep trying it sporadically when I need that extra boost. That's it in the pic next to my current daily "supplement" Flinstone's chewable kiddo's vitamins. Laugh if you want, but they're damn tasty and the closest thing to candy I get to have on a regular basis! In theory I should be taking a BCAAs, CLA, L-Carnitine, Green Tea Extract, Creatine, and some other things I forget right now stack, but I’m hesitant about ingesting unknown extras. I really dislike it anytime I have to take a prescription, I had my son naturally – no drugs even post-delivery, I drink alcohol maybe 3-4 times a year. I’m just an anti-additive kind of girl, but the supplements are tempting me now. My protein powder, Gaspari MyoFusion, is technically a supplement. This new ABB Pro-N.O. stuff I’ve decided to experiment with is a supplement and there are a zillion more out there. There’s a huge market of fat burners, like Lipo 6 Black that is always so prominently and ominously advertised in F&M Hers. Would I like that edge? Yes. Am I a little afraid of taking that stuff? Yeah, so I don’t. My body fat percentage should start naturally sliding more noticeably as soon as I start behaving completely.

I’m declaring what I’ve deemed “C-day” (Carb cut day) to be March 4th. That’s the 6 weeks out from contest mark and starting then dairy and fruit will be kicked to the curb. It’s intense to think that a Chobani peach NF Greek yogurt will qualify as a cheat food after that point, but to get the body of a figure competitor you have to be hardcore. You have to stop looking at food as tasty or delicious or impulsive. You have to start viewing it as fuel. You have to track your macros (protein/carb/fat disposition) and choose your fuel to fulfill that ratio not to fulfill your taste buds. It’s hard, but I never said achieving my goal was going to be easy. I’m going to get there though. I will lean out to 15-16% body fat and I will show case my hard-earned muscles on that stage. The sacrifices are worth the mental reward of being able to say, “I did it!”


That’s a pic of a turkey chili I made up today. The macro stats on it are great. I wrote up and posted the recipe at the bottom if you’d like it ;)

Day 44

Sunday, February 20, 2011

8:45 am Breakfast


¾ cup oatmeal with 1/3 cup blueberries
Coffee

10:30 am Cardio & Abs @ Home


50 min Elliptical
Cardio Blast & Interval Programs
612 cals burned

Ab Circuit
Round 1:
Shoulder Crunches 15 each side
Vertical Leg Reverse Crunches x 15
10 lb MB Side Twists x 30
Round 2:
Exact repeat of round 1
Round 3: Upped the ante
Shoulder Crunches 25 each side
Vertical Leg Reverse Crunches x 30
10 lb MB Side Twists x 60
Quick Stretch

11:40 am Protein Shake


1 scoop delicious vanilla MyoFusion with water and ice in my bullet

1:00 pm Lunch


2 cups turkey chili with avocado & NF yogurt
1 opal apple
2 pm Carb Craving
Quakes mini rice cakes
Hot tea

3:45 pm Supplementing & Snacking on the go

1 scoop ABB Pro – N.O. in water
8 oz. NF milk
Cashew cookie Larabar

4:30 pm Total Screwup aka unintended cheat meal, bleh

2 ½ slices Little Caesar’s Pizza
Large handful M&M’s
Oatmeal raisin Quaker granola bar
Yeah, wish I hadn’t

5:00 pm Training Chest

1) Dumbbell Pullovers

1. 20 lbs x 10 reps
2. 25 lbs x 10 reps
3. 30 lbs x 8 reps
4. 25 lbs x 10 reps
5. 15 lbs x 15 reps
6. 15 lbs x 20 reps

2) Wide Grip Bench Press

1. 45 lbs x 10 reps
2. 55 lbs x 10 rreps
3. 75 lbs x 8 reps
4. 85 lbs x 6 reps
5. 105 lbs x 3 reps assisted
6. 65 lbs x 10 reps
7. 45 lbs x 12 reps

3) Dumbbell Flies

1. 10 lbs x 10 reps
2. 20 lbs x 8 reps
3. 25 lbs x 4 reps


4) High Incline Bench Press

1. 45 lbs x 10 reps
2. 65 lbs x 10 reps

5) Incline Lat Puuldowns

1. 25 lbs x 10 reps
2. 35 lbs x 10 reps

6) Incline Dumbbell Circles

1. 15 lbs x 8 reps
2. 15 lbs x 6 reps
3. 15 lbs x 4 reps

7) Decline Stair Push-ups

1. 1 sets of 6 – didn’t like them, DS to 1 set of 6 regular push-ups


Note to self: Pizza is NOT a stimulant. Just don’t do it, especially pre-workout.



6:45 pm Clean Dinner


6 oz. marinated chicken tenders
1 ½ cup steamed broccolini
Grapefruit
Hot tea

9:00 pm Protein Shake #2

1 scoop delicious vanilla MyoFusion with ice and water in my bullet

Daily Cal Tally

2,440 Ingested (Eek!)
(1,448) BMR
(1,032) Training
(40) Net Loss


Jenny's Figure Body Turkey Chili


1.35 lbs ground 99% fat free turkey (+/- that’s just the weight of the pkg I used)
1 can white beans rinsed
1 can diced tomatoes with oregano and basil
1 yellow onion diced
1 jalapeno diced
3 cloves garlic minced
1 lime zested and juiced
1 can V8 (11.5 oz.)
2 T olive oil (accounts for 90% of the fat in the entire recipe – healthy fat!)
½ cup Pico de Gallo (you could def add more, but that’s all I had left)
2 t cumin
Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and ground pepper to taste

Cook off the ground turkey in 1 T of olive oil and set aside. Then brown the onions, jalapeno, and garlic in remaining olive oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes. Rinse white beans and add along with can of tomatoes and can of V8. Bring to a boil, add lime juice and lime zest, cumin, Pico de Gallo, seasoning salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer over low heat 20-30 minutes and serve. Can be topped with a Tablespoon or two of diced avocado and a big spoon of NF Greek plain yogurt instead of sour cream. Add more hot sauce, salsa, cayenne, etc. to customize heat level.

2 Cup Serving (Recipe Serves 4) Stats:
348 cals
42.5 g protein
21.5 g carbs
7.75 g fat (7 from olive oil)

No comments:

Post a Comment