Friday, April 1, 2011

One Week Left to Train


Day 84

Friday, April 1st, 2011


Today is the two week mark. I find this both exciting and scary. What it really means is that I only have one week left to train. One week left to get my body fat to 13% (or less!) to finish my training. After that it is peak week. What’s peak week? The last week pre-contest. Everything changes then. If you’re water rationing you have to quit working out 3 days out when you start limiting water. Many people also manipulate their sodium intake too. I haven’t yet decided if I will dehydrate and mess with my sodium or not. There are viable arguments for both approaches and ‘m on the fence. I will get to carb load though! It’s not as decadent as it sounds, but still a welcome change. Peak week is known for being the biggest mental challenge. I’ll get back to you on how I feel about it when we get there.

I started having some nerves this morning realizing that today is the two week mark. I started off well, getting up before C for 40 minutes of pre-breakfast cardio. I haven’t missed am cardio once since school started and I’m proud about that. After dropping C off at preschool I went to The Rec and stayed from 9:35 am – 12:15 pm. Two hours of that was spent training my legs and the last 30 minutes doing my second cardio session. Here’s a video that sums it up well =)



I also got a tan today, a fake tan. An airbrush tan. Remember the Gold’s Gym 12 Week Total Body Transformation Challenge thing I entered back when I started this blog, back before I decided to go crazy and enter The EC? My “after” picture, weigh-in, and measurements are being taken Sunday morning. A tan better highlights muscle definition so I decided to try one.

My suit came today too! It’s beautiful. Why no ode to the suit picture set or posing video? I’m going to do that Sunday in conjunction with my “after” picture. It almost didn’t come today. I managed to miss my mailman and got home to the “we missed you!” slip, but I had seen his truck so I went back, found it again, parked and umm literally chased him down, lol (what? I was still in my gym clothes it made sense :P). He was nice about it and got me the package. Phew!

I’m headed to bed and hoping, hoping, hoping that I am not getting sick. This evening I am noticing scratchiness in my throat and really really hoping it is irritation from breathing in the airbrush tanning spray. If it is a cod I want to wake up totally sick tomorrow. Huh? That will give me maximum time to get better. If it doesn’t catch me for a few more days that will be worse. I can’t afford a cold right now, but if I’m getting one I’m going to be as positive as possible and try to work it to me lean out advantage headed into peak week if I can. Have to make the best of what I’m dealt!

I upped my macro and cal budgets today. I burned close to twice as many calories training today as I usually do by putting in such a long session so I knew I needed more.

Macros

147.9 grams Protein 197 grams Carbs 88.1 grams Fat

Cal Tally

2,172 Ingested
(1,448) BMR
(1,600) Training (494 cals 1st cardio + 780 cals 2 hrs intense weightlifting + 326 cals 2nd cardio)
(876) Net Loss =)

No comments:

Post a Comment