Thursday, April 14, 2011

T-1 Day







Day 96

Thursday, April 14, 2011


I’m at the host hotel. I think I’ve practically already written a blog post in the form of my numerous excitable / freakoutable FaceBook updates, lol. I’m waiting for my ‘Seared tuna, balsamic grilled vegetables, mixed greens and pesto vinaigrette” from room service. As this is the host hotel they have these snazzy little extra “Emerald Cup Menus” printed up that purport to be prepared without any salt or oil so as to pertain to our competitor diets. Crap, I just reread the menu and I totally should have ordered the “bay shrimp, crisp romaine, boiled egg whites, avocado, corn and sundried tomato vinaigrette.” Damn that sounds even better, ah well. I’m surprised that there is so much broccolini on the competitor’s menu; don’t they know broccoli makes you bloat? Sheesh. I avoided the tasty dishes that had brocolini as I’d feel silly abandoning a veggie on my plate.

I am very very tan right now. It is entertaining. I also have the green armpits my trainer warned me about. I didn’t wear any deodorant today, but it happened anyways. Luckily they don’t show onstage!

They just brought my food and it was the wrong thing. The salmon with mashed sweet potatoes and broccolini. Having been formerly in the restaurant business I like to roll with the flow on mistakes, but I can’t eat the broccolini and my carbs are too high already for the sweet potatoes so I called to have it replaced. I hate doing that, but well, yeah.

I am so thankful and lucky to have Laura, my PT. She has warned me about so many things that if she hadn’t I might freak out about. The green armpits are a good example! She also warned me that you are butt naked in little not very private tents when they airbrush tan you so you see a lot of your competition naked and they see you. I must say that was intimidating and threw me off my game. A lot of these women are so sculpted that they make me look flat and fat. I realize that I look great and am my no means fat and that my body fat percentage is 13.1%, but apparently some of these women have single digit BF%s. I don’t know that I would ever be willing to do that. Then I was chatting with a guy who does nutrition for competitors and mid-conversation he said “not for me to take any offense, but that I currently looked like his clients do walking around regularly.” As in, not going into contest. He’d also said that he keeps his client’s 30 days out from contest consistently in terms of look so it wasn’t totally insulting, but gee, way to throw my confidence, thanks!
When I went down to do the early check in tonight I found out that I’m taller than I thought! I had registered way back for the over 5’4” to 5’5” figure class, but I got bumped up to the over 5’5” to 5’6” class because they got me at 5’5 ½ “. I’m feeling positive about it though. I like to think that I will look more muscular in a taller class. Sounds good anyways right? That's my competitor goody bag in the picture at the top.

I can’t wait for Kelly and Eli to arrive. It’s a bit lonely being here by myself and makes it easier to get disconcerted. I’m excited to see them too, just for the sake of seeing them, living 2+ hours apart we don’t see each other in person as much as I’d like to.

Here are my macros before the seared tuna salad coming from room service:

98.6 grams Protein 113.4 grams Carbs 54.7 grams Fat

Cal Tally


1,340.3 Ingested
(1,448) BMR

The tuna will delete the prospective net loss, but will accrue the protein I’m missing. Here’s hoping it arrives soon. I’m starved! I have a mini fridge full of chicken, round eye steak, asparagus, oatmeal and strawberries that I packed from home, but I wanted to try the special competitor’s menu for fun and a little variety from my own cooking! I’m not going to stress about perfect tracking tonight. T-1 day out = I think I’ve earned a tad of relaxation =)

Update: The Tuna FINALLY arrived and the pesto vinaigrette is F-ing DELICIOUS!

Hehe ;)

(Inspired by my friend Darene and my own mind too - we think a like!)

Love her mucho! Wish she could be here =)

Next competition she will!

No comments:

Post a Comment