Saturday, April 9, 2011

Yummity Yum Shrimp Louie! 53 g P 11 g C 10 g F What a Lovable Ratio Too! =)


Day 92

Saturday, April 9, 2011


I am officially turning into a total spaz. I almost forgot to write this tonight. Today was my last serious leg workout. I did a squat rack pyramid, skier and sumo smith machine squats, unilateral smith machine squats, smith machine lunges, 4 types of walking lunges (20 lb dumbbells, 8 lb mb side twists, glute squeezes, 40 lb barbells), a massive 8 set helping of cable kickbacks, cable hip ad/abductors, prone single leg curls, and single leg extensions. Altogether it was about an hour and 20 minutes which only left me with 15 minutes for the Stairmaster. Tomorrow I need to hit triceps, biceps, shoulders, and chest plus a long cardio session. Then Monday I’ll do back and cardio. Tuesday will be the last day I can work out and I will probably do a circuit of my two favorite exercises per body part. Which means of course cable kickbacks, pull-ups, and dumbbell single arm bent over rows will be involved! =)

Why is Tuesday the cutoff? Because Tuesday I will be limited to 1 gallon of water, Wednesday 1/2 gallon, and Thursday 1/4 gallon. No, I don’t get to have other drinks beyond that. I’ve decided to water deplete. It’s standard practice in figure and I don’t want to disadvantage myself on stage after how much time and effort I’ve put in over the last 3 months. Tomorrow through Tuesday I will be carb-depleting and then I will carb load on Wednesday and Thursday. The word load is misleading here; it’s still nothing like a normal diet. Friday morning I will only be able to have sips of water and a few bites of carbs before pre-judging. Rice cakes are a popular option. I’m not happy w/o coffee, but my trainer made the smartest suggestion: take a Starbucks Via packet and mix it with only 1 or 2 oz. of hot water and take it like a shot. Smart, huh?

I love shrimp Louie salads. They’re tasty and spring weather makes me crave them. They’re high protein, low carb, and if you make your own Thousand Island like I do low-fat too. My entire dressing was ½ T mayo (yes mayo, 6 g fat) 1 T ketchup (4 g carbs) and pickle juice with black pepper. I had a massive 9 oz. of shrimp meat and then 2.5 cups baby butter lettuce greens. The whole plate clocked in at 53 g protein, 11 g carbs, and 10 g fat. Great ratio! A satisfying meal too. I would normally have added an avocado, olives, tomato, and cucumber, but not on this diet, and especially not during peak week.

Alrighty, I swear I had more interesting things to say earlier today, but they’ve escaped. It's time to rest anyways!

Macros


150.9 grams Protein 153.5 grams Carbs 47.3 grams Fat

Cal Tally

1,643.3 Ingested
(1,448) BMR
(682) Training Burn
(486.7) Net Loss =)

No comments:

Post a Comment