Monday, April 11, 2011

Gold's Gym is Where This all Started =)


It's true. Before we even moved here Gold's Gym became my plan for sanity. C man was going to be out of preschool for a full 2 months which meant zero guaranteed breaks or "me time" for me. As any parent knows, that is not good. So I went searching online. I found Gold's and I found they had onsite childcare a whopping 7 days a week. I was elated! When we moved and we went there to check it out it was a nice clean happy big room with loads of things to do a and a friendly caring staff (translation: a place you can feel good about leaving your kiddo behind in). I signed up for unlimited right off the bat and we've been going ever since. Then I started Body Pump classes, got obsessed / addicted with weight training and eventually found Laura to teach me all things free weights at The Rec on campus.

Day 94

Monday, April 11, 2011


Things are starting to get hard now. I’m questioning everything. I’m especially worried that I’m not going to coordinate the water deplete with the carb deplete / load correctly and that I will end up looking flat on show day. I’m also quite hungry and tired. I almost screwed up carb deplete allowance, but had to skip all veggies at dinner to right my ratios. I just finished eating some almonds and olives because my fat intake was too low, protein was headed high, and carbs were already maxed. My dinner consisted of 4 Isernio’s chicken apple breakfast sausage links. I REALLY wanted steamed yellow carrots I have in the freezer from Trader Joe’s with them, but I had to refrain because I couldn’t afford the carbs in the carrots. That’s kind of screwed up, huh?

I got up and did 50 min of cardio at 6:20 am this morning. I then trained my back and chest at Gold’s this afternoon for 45 minutes followed by 20 minutes on the StairMaster and a quickie abs circuit.

I did get some good news today. I won my category (females age 18-29) in The Gold’s Gym 12 Week Total Body Transformation Challenge. There weren’t a whole lot of us in the contest, but I am still proud. It is a good feeling. They’ll send my info and pics off to the Gold’s Gym national level on account of it, but I’m not expecting anything to come of that.

Macros 185.4 grams Protein 125.4 grams Carbs 43.8 grams Fat

Cal Tally

1,637.4 Ingested
(1,448) BMR
(1,140) Training Burn
950.6 Net Loss

Carbs were too high by 15 grams though. I have to back up and remind myself that this is my 1st competition, an experiment, not perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment